HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueBeast400

rear sprocket bolt torque spec?

3 posts in this topic

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm replacing my rear sprocket and the bolts are all hand tight, but I don't have my manual yet to see what the torque spec is. Anyone know so I can get this thing put back on my bike? Thanks!

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm replacing my rear sprocket and the bolts are all hand tight, but I don't have my manual yet to see what the torque spec is. Anyone know so I can get this thing put back on my bike? Thanks!

42 Nm, 30 Ft Lbs.  Honestly, it was a pain trying to do it by myself and I think the torque is measured on the nut side.  I tightened mine by feel, and make sure you use a lock-tite compound.  That stuff that comes on sprocket bolts that looks like it should be to keep the nut on isn't meant to do that.

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I have the bolts ready to go with lock-tite. Time to get torqu'n...