Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
h_bomb

Clutch pull on 2002s

10 posts in this topic

What is the best way to make my clutch pull a little easier,Hydraulic,modify arm,easy clutch.Anybody try any of these with good results.

IN THE MARCH 2002EDITION OF MOTOCROSS ACTION THEY SHOW YOU HOW TO LENGHTEN YOUR CLUTCH ARM FOR AN EASIER CLUTH PULL. IT IS ON PAGE 118.THIS MIGHT HELP.

I COMPLETED THE MODIFICATION THATS IN THE MARCH 2002 EDITION OF MOTOCROSS ACTION THIS WEEKEND. IT TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR TO FINISH THE TASK. REAL PRETTY EASE AND IT DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON THE CLUCH PULL. I ALSO ADDED A MOTION PRO CABLE, ONE FINGER PULL SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM NOW.

--------------------

You can get triflo at just about any bicycle shop. It's used frequently on bicycle cables and chains. Great stuff!

I'm real happy with my MSR Raptor lever. I did file down the back side of the lever to get rid of the ridge and make it a little thinner. Tri Flo is available at bicycle shops. I tried a lube called Bike Aid which works pretty good.

KC

You can use any type of lubricant as long as it has teflon as an additive. I know Liquid Wrench sells a formulation that has teflon. It does make a huge difference.

fershy

I have a '00 426F. Just installed a hydralic clutch. It is supersmooth! I have updated to the 2001 style clutch assembly, too.

Also what is motocross actions website? Can I look up old issues and read articles?