HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjwr450

Battery Question on 04

5 posts in this topic

I took my Wr in for fork seal fix and a few other items. Anyways I gog it back and the battery is dead. It is only 2 months old. I think Yamaha left the ignition on. Anyways do I need new one or will it charge?

just trickle charge it and it will be ok my 2003 model went dead on me serval times :) i put a permant connector on the battery and ran the wires out under the seat . i use a 1 amp charger so if the bike sets for a week or 2 i will charge it over night . you can pick one of these chargers up at any auto parts store or walmart cost around 20 bucks but well worth it .

You could kick start it and take it for a hour+ ride. That should get it back up to charge. If you can, sw off/disconnect the lights and it will charge faster.

Is the stock WR battery a Yuasa YTZ7S? Just curious, this is what my bike has in it. Great little battery, BTW - I use this same tiny gel-cell in my streetbikes, believe it or not!