Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
#1_Hit-man

Bearings (sealed)

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if they are still in business, but there was/is a company called CBR that used to sell sealed bearings as an upgrade over certain OEM bearings. They used to advertise in the classifieds in M/X Action and other magazines. I have no idea if they are the "best" or even if they sold quality bearings. If you are willing to do some research, you should be able to track down what you want by having the exact dimensions of the bearings you would like to replace. I'm talking about diving into the industrial sector and trade magazines.

I had a guy bring me a set of the CBR wheel bearings. I was NOT impressed with the quality. The new bearings had a substantial amount of play in them before I even installed them in the hub. I'll either try a local bearing shop or OEM and repack them with good grease before installing them.

Has anyone tried Pivot Works bearings? Looks like $55 for both front and rear Wheel bearings and seals. Does'nt sound to bad, anyone try them? Any feedback would be helpful, THANX! :) ~Hitman~

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

For Suspension and Swing Arm bearings they are really good. I have used them on my KX's and YZ-F's with good sucess.

Originally posted by scottzx7rr:

For Suspension and Swing Arm bearings they are really good. I have used them on my KX's and YZ-F's with good sucess.

Scott, Thanks for the reply, I've gotten some feedback from others with nothing bad said. So guess I will try them out. THANX! ~Hitman~