My 15 bike

2015 YZ450F Blue version. Mods:

Body

Acerbis Full White Kit

Acerbis Front X-Brake Cover

Acerbis X-Force Handguards

Acerbis X-Seat

Pro-Carbon Tall Frame Guards

Pro-Carbon Exhaust Header Protection (both sides)

Works Connection Skid Plate

Fastway Evo Air Footpegs

Custom Graphics

Performance

Galfer Tsumani Oversize Front Rotor Kit

Magura Clutch Kit

Rekluse Core Exp 3.0

Dr.D Stainless Steel Muffler

Renthal 14-50 spockets

Acerbis chain guide block

Works Connection Axle Blocks

Fasst Company Anti-Vibration Bars Inserts

Progressive Handlebar Dampening System (PHDS)

20mm bar mounts spacers

ODI V2 Lock On Rougue MX Grips

Ride Engineering Fork Compression Adjusters

Works Connection Pro Launch Start Device

Hourmeter with reseat feature for air filter, oil and maintainance

Dr.D Hourmeter bracket

Custom aluminium insert in top clamp nut to screw the hourmeter bracket

Dr.D Radiator Lowering Kit

Factory Effect Radiator Hose White Kit (Y-pipe version)

Pics from todays training

20150306_184035.jpg

20150306_183810.jpg

20150306_183823.jpg

20150306_183859.jpg

20150306_184346.jpg

20150306_184157.jpg

20150306_183918.jpg

Edited by Tiago
  • Like 2

Very nice!

Thanks

Very nice bike! What's the magura like with the 3.0?

It is perfect. The hydraulic pump provides the same lever pull pressure, whether at idle in gear or neutral or above clutch engagement point. Since the magura eliminates the cable play from cold to warm engine, i got the perfect rekluse free play right at the first attempt. Compared with the cable, the magura also provides a smoother lever pull.

I also installed all the blue springs for the lowest rpm engagement that put it pretty close to a stock bike idle. So it kept all the braking engine till the point where a normal bike would stall. You don't notice the difference with the rekluse while riding, just when going into corners you don't have to worry with clutch lever and stay at a higher gear for smoother power delivery into it and more confidence wot while exiting.

Both mods are amazing at its own and kept all its benefits while working together.

Edited by Tiago

What bar bend is that they look really tall? Maybe because there's no crossbar and hand guards make it look that way.

Stock handlebar. It sits higher due to 20mm bar mounts spacers.

What type of suspension setup you running?

With 6ft and 210lbs with gear, i'm liking so far the stock setup. Top fork at 15mm, rebound and compression 8 clicks. Rear is at standard setting.

Did you lower the rear? Is the forks high in the triple clamps for turning or height?

Like i said before, the rear suspension is at standard setting. At 6' tall i don't feel the need to lower the bike.

The fork height is just to shift bike weight towards the front wheel and improve cornering. My handlebar is just 5mm higher than a stock bike with a flush fork (20mm bar mounts spacers - 15mm forks height = 5mm).

How do you like the radiator lowering kit? Notice any difference in handling?

Besides the Rekluse, all the mods was made with the bike brand new - 0 hours. I followed all the advices from others experience and bought it because it was pretty easy to install and relative cheap. Imho, i think that the small distance provided from a radiator drop kit or engine relocation towards front is more a placebo thing. I belive that the forks height is alot more noticeable at cornering handling. And what really makes difference is riding style. Every bike is different and you have to adapt your style to take the maximum from the bike, at least at our level. Now if you were within the list of the 25 best riders in the world, then you may notice something.

Edited by Tiago
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...