2014/2015 yz450/250 gas tank vent

This is how I did my vent on my 2015 yz450f.. CYCRA shrouds and airbox cover.. I cut the overflow line and put a one way valve in ( let's air in no gas out ) then took my tapered unibit and just drilled the hole out a little.. Now fueling up is easier than ever... I also added some mesh screen in the front of airbox cover to catch the big dirt.. Doesn't affect performance at all..ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425664010.161486.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425664034.919769.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425664052.782715.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

sorry to dig up an old thread but how has this been working? i have been considering doing the same thing i have seen some people run in through the airbox to the hole in the neck but didnt want to go that route

A total one-way valve is a big no-no for gas tanks btw.  Air in the tank has to equalize with ambient air pressure as heat is introduced.  That check has to float and just needs to close when there's hydraulic head on it in the case of a tip-over.

Could go this route too...

Looks like it would have been a nice touch to have had a right angled fitting on the tank for the vent, as "flat" as the top of things are forward of the seat.  The placement looks potentially "unfortunate", if you take my meaning.   So would the IMS OEM gas cap, but now with that gone, well, you understand.

Looks like it would have been a nice touch to have had a right angled fitting on the tank for the vent, as "flat" as the top of things are forward of the seat. The placement looks potentially "unfortunate", if you take my meaning. So would the IMS OEM gas cap, but now with that gone, well, you understand.

It wasn't correct when I installed it. I've had the proper one installed for quite some time now...

I mistakenly put that it is a on way valve... It is not.. Gas does come out of it when it tips over.. I do clean it every oil change and I have not had any problems with it. I have put 20 hrs on it and all is good.. Sorry for the typo

• 1 month later...

I have a 2015 YZ450F and started routing the gas tank vent into the air box about 3 inches inside the air box.  However, when the tank is pretty full, gas or gas vapors flow through the vent and dissolve some of the air filter oil.  Have you seen this?  Does the air vent insert used by Motocucca prevent this since its about the farthest away from the filter you can get?  I am also concerned about this during crashes or tip overs.  I have seen one application where it appears they have ran the vent completely through the airbox out the top and then connect to a fitting on the frame (kinda like some older KTMs).  Seems to be a hassle tho.  May just leave it stock but do like the solution by motocucca if it does not allow gas to hit the air filter.  Thanks for any suggestions or insight.

I haven't had any issues with gas leaking onto the air filter.. I have been running this setup all year and it's been working great with no issue.. Clean the tube, cut a the desired length, clean at the cut area with contact cleaner then use a small amount of super glue on the vent tube and slide the vent in.. Wait till its dry then go ride.. Hope this helps.. Clean at every air filter change and inspect..