HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ismasiv

2005 YZF450?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys I looking to buy this YZF450 2005 but he reckons its a 4speed.. this is the VIN if that helps any info on the bike would be great      JYACJ06CX5A007191 

If the guy doesn't know how many gears it got,I'm sure he doesn't know how to do valve adjustments or clean the air filter

The '03 - '05 YZ450's were all 4 speeds.  According to the VIN, that's an '05.

The first three gear ratios in the 4 speed are the same as the '06 and later 5 speed.  The 4 speed fourth is about 2/3 up in between the ratios of the 5 speed 4th and 5th, so it isn't like it's just missing a 5th.

If the guy doesn't know how many gears it got,I'm sure he doesn't know how to do valve adjustments or clean the air filter

well I hadn't seen the bike yet so I was asking a really easy question... but if you don't know how to answer the questions being asked than I'm sure your going to fail becoming a parent....

The '03 - '05 YZ450's were all 4 speeds.  According to the VIN, that's an '05.

The first three gear ratios in the 4 speed are the same as the '06 and later 5 speed.  The 4 speed fourth is about 2/3 up in between the ratios of the 5 speed 4th and 5th, so it isn't like it's just missing a 5th.

thanks for the info the year was really what I was after but he added info on the ratios helps also.. thanks