HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamaha651

YZ450 F X

11 posts in this topic

YAMAHA! ARE YOU LISTINING? WE WANT A YZ450FX, OR A YZ300 2T, [X]

None of the big 4 seem to care much about customer opinions

They do listen, but "the pipeline" new products have to run through to get from concept to market is about 7-10 years long, and before they're even started in one end, a cost/benefit analysis is done to determine how many customers they might have to offset the cost of production.   There may be one in the works right now, but you won't know until it emerges from development.  As an example, development on the '06 YZ450 which was not for an entirely new model, only a redesign of an existing one, was started early in '03.  Work on the '12 model WR450 was said to have begun in '06.

Yea I'm REALY tempted to go for the 250fx, But I just don't think I'll be happy with the power of a 250f, but I'll admit I haven't riddin one yet so I could be totally worng!

Someone told me that some of the YZ450s in the world MX championship are electric start this year. Could that point to a wr450 variation of the current yz already have been developed and on its way to production?

The 2015 YZ250FX and WR250F appear to be based on the same platform now. The current gen WR450F is now in its 4th year and is the odd one out compared to all other current 4 stroke YZ's and the WR250. Judging by past generation lifespans I would find it hard to believe that Yamaha doesn't already have a new WR and a YZ450FX designed and ready for manufacture for 2016, 2017 at the latest.

Someone told me that some of the YZ450s in the world MX championship are electric start this year. Could that point to a wr450 variation of the current yz already have been developed and on its way to production?

The Rinaldi 450's were electric start last year.