Air cut vavle

I have a 04 yz450f and don't know much about it I am working on cleaning the carb and found that my air cut vavle is not there should there be one on this carb?

1425148309467.jpg

No, it does not come on that year yz450f. It comes on that year WR, however.

Air cut valves were never used on any YZF.  They're a WR thing only.  Good riddance.

Oh I am so glad to here that did not want to have to buy all that and does anyone know anything about the boysen "quickstart" from what I understand it replaces your stock hot start? Others have called it a compression release but mine goes to my carb? So not completely sure what it's for

1425159211401.jpg

Oh I am so glad to here that did not want to have to buy all that and does anyone know anything about the boysen "quickstart" from what I understand it replaces your stock hot start? Others have called it a compression release but mine goes to my carb? So not completely sure what it's for

Whoever says that's a compression release, should not be taken seriously for any mechanical advice. What you took a picture of is the hot start. It should feed down to a spot right above where the choke goes. There will be a plastic thing that looks like a nut, that the cable goes into.

Thanks for the advice x_JT_x that's what I thought do you need to have this in functioning condition as mine is seized in the

1425175268319.jpg

Thanks for the advice x_JT_x that's what I thought do you need to have this in functioning condition as mine is seized in the

That's where the hot start goes to. It's really not going to harm anything sitting like that, but the day you need it you will regret the 20 bucks saved from not fixing it. It's not that hard to take it out.

It's a very common thing to happen. It would not take you long to fix it.

I just have to wait for more funds till I fix it just have been working on getting it running shimmed the vavles and got it to start but acted like it would be starved of fuel I turned out the air fuel screw to 3 turns and it would run and Rev but had a bog and shooting flames out the pipe

It's a Boyenson "Quick Shot", not quick start, and it replaces the stock accelerator pump cover.  It's rarely necessary.

All YZ400/426F models had a manual compression release in pretty much the same place as the stock hot start lever on YZ450's is, thus the confusion for some people.  All YZ450's were produced with automatic decompression, so the hot start control was moved from the side of the carb to the more convenient handlebar location.

This is what I am asking about

1425186977555.jpg

1425186994640.jpg

Well, that appears to be an accelerator pump cover with a cable attached.  No idea on that, but I would bet that it's an overall waste of money. 

That's what I thought to but if it would have replaced my hot start I was all for it lol