HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WilfulLemar20

Vavle adjustment

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to adjust my vavles but not getting any better when I replace the intake shim from a .153 to a .120 it was still to low as I could only get the .010 feeler gauge in I belive stock specs are .015 any help would be greatly apriciated I feel like I would need to rebuild the head

that's a normal oil thing. But the valve adjustment. Could you even get a feeler guage in there before you tried adjusting. That's one big shim difference. Were you on top dead center? you have to watch the marks on flywheel, there are two. Did other valves check ok? What year? 4 valve or five?

Yes I checked and double checked everything and it's an 04 yz450f I have the vavles set at. 007 on intake side and. 009 on exhaust side but I was told the stock specs are .006-.008 intake and .010-.015 exhaust

Well I got the bike to start but only ideal for 1 min and every time I would try and give it gas it would die it was back firing quiet a bit guess try and clean the carb what do you guys think about it