HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug the head

Slip on advice 14 yz 450

10 posts in this topic

Looking to bling it up with a new slip on . What are you running and why. Also what maps have you tried and went with . Thanks!

1 person likes this

Fmf is the best in my opinion I run the full system you can get your maps off this thread. I posted the one I use or you can google mxa maps that work quite well.

Edited by YzCas
1 person likes this

I just got the Dr.d for my 2015. Sounds like they are tailored to yamaha as dubach works with them. Also won plenty of tests among top brands. Haven't tried it yet but I'll kepp you posted

1 person likes this

Did you notice any change to the power or decrease with the PMB endcap?

I noticed a bit of real low-end torque drop with the Dubach slip-on and sparky.  Considering just using the PMB unit for this reason.

Ghill, was there any noticeable gains? Smoother? I would be ok with losing a bit of that raped ape feel. Not sure which map im on exactly but its next to last in terms of trying to smooth it out

It seemed to rev faster through the mid. Less punchy for sure off the bottom. I wanted even more yank off the bottom than stock, but my other bike is a 325cc 2 stroke so I'm used to pretty aggressive power.

Edited by GHILL28

I just got the Dr.d for my 2015. Sounds like they are tailored to yamaha as dubach works with them. Also won plenty of tests among top brands. Haven't tried it yet but I'll kepp you posted

+1. I have the Dr.D SS version because it has the same core as the carbon or ti mufflers and the cost is just about on spot for what it worths. Besides being a tad heavier than those versions, it is more resistance to impacts, easier to repair and alot lighter than the stock unit.

Edited by Tiago
1 person likes this