Need help: Will a 2008 WR250 flywheel fit a 2001 YZ426F?

I'm doing a lighting coversion on my 2001 YZ426F. I know the (2000-2002) WR426 / WR450 flywheels will fit, but what about later WR426/WR450 later years? I found a deal on a 2008 WR250 flywheel and stator, but have no idea if a 2008 part will fit on the 2001 YZ426. Or later (2002-2014) WR426/WR450 flywheels?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows- BTW I belive my crankshaft is keyed not splined, if that helps.

Short answer is no.  The W450 flywheels are configured differently, and the shaft size is larger.

Short answer is no.  The W450 flywheels are configured differently, and the shaft size is larger.

Thanks- Does that apply to the WR250 flywheel as well? Those ar the parts I can get my hands on - from a 2008 WR250 (flywheel and stator, and even the CDI).

If the WR250 stuff is a no-go, what are my only OEM swap-out options for the YZ426? I've read a lot of threads but most of them contradict each other as to what fits and what does not.

Thanks very much- I have a YZ426 and not a WR426, was that a typo?

Was.  ;)

Thanks Gray- I found a deal on an Electrosport ESL391 YZ 250 lighting stator, it's 50w peak and 35w nominal, and will fit fine if I transfer the stator parts to my 426 backing plate. I may just go that route / contemplating. 

I'm aware of the different aftermarket options including yours. I would have preferred OEM parts swap out but too hard to find the right parts, at least right now. 

If your 35w stator was that rating nominally (not peak), and closer to $100 I would have considered it.  For your 100w stator and flywheel, I can't see forking out almost $500 for that. Pricing seems rather outrageous.

I'm aware of the different aftermarket options including yours. I would have preferred OEM parts swap out but too hard to find the right parts, at least right now. 

If your 35w stator was that rating nominally (not peak), and closer to $100 I would have considered it.  For your 100w stator and flywheel, I can't see forking out almost $500 for that. Pricing seems rather outrageous.$475

$475 is for a kit using Genuine Yamaha parts.

Friendly piece of advice, dot get to far from the truck with that brand stator.

Yeh if you are buying the Yamaha OE parts and revising them I can fully understand your high retail price tag. I'm still not ok with it though. heh.

You do know it's typically not good form to openly bash other vendor's products right? I'm saying this as a business owner myself.  That kind of monkey business will put folks off of your products in a heartbeat.

Yeh if you are buying the Yamaha OE parts and revising them I can fully understand your high retail price tag. I'm still not ok with it though. heh.

You do know it's typically not good form to openly bash other vendor's products right? I'm saying this as a business owner myself.  That kind of monkey business will put folks off of your products in a heartbeat.

Not bashing, just giving you a heads up  and stating the facts. Many horror stories here with your exact same stator you have. Good luck!

You could have easily handled that "heads up" discreetly via PM. 

You could have easily handled that "heads up" discreetly via PM. 

OH OK, i answered your other question you sent me in that PM. 

got it- thanks