HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snrub0800

Leaks

4 posts in this topic

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

If I fall off my bike while ascending/descending a particularly steep dune, fuel will leak out of the tank vent hose.

I I've lost approx 3 liters because I'd fallen off & decided to rest a bit before the grueling task of lifting the on a steep incline.

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

Yes

The overflow in the carb prevents flooding of the engine

It's supposed to, but you'll end up with a flood condition at least half the time, anyway. 

The carb float only works within 45-60 degrees of upright unless the bike is leaned over and cornering in a balanced manner.  It can't work with the bike on its side, so fuel runs out the vent lines.