Leaks

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

If I fall off my bike while ascending/descending a particularly steep dune, fuel will leak out of the tank vent hose.

I I've lost approx 3 liters because I'd fallen off & decided to rest a bit before the grueling task of lifting the on a steep incline.

I've been doing some of enduro type riding. Nothing too serious, just small hills and woods. A friend laid it down while sitting on it(engine off) and while it was down it was leakin gas(out of the drain tubes). It was only down for 15-30 seconds. Is this normal?

Yes

The overflow in the carb prevents flooding of the engine

It's supposed to, but you'll end up with a flood condition at least half the time, anyway. 

The carb float only works within 45-60 degrees of upright unless the bike is leaned over and cornering in a balanced manner.  It can't work with the bike on its side, so fuel runs out the vent lines.