HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizbangdoodle

Alternate seat, softer seat?

13 posts in this topic

I'm an old guy. I have had knee surgery. When I ride a full day, my knee will start to ache. Not enough to make me stop riding, but enough to keep me seated more than I should. That being said, my 2012 WR450 seat is killin' me. After a day of riding it feels like I've been in prison.

So the question is, does anyone run a different seat and are you satisfied with it. All input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by wizbangdoodle

Yeah I run a different eat. Haha look up something softer or even taller or lower that helps

Fixed

That's what I get for not pre-reading my post.

Fixed

That's what I get for not pre-reading my post.

I have a seat concepts seat. I am very happy with it:

DSC05854_zpsc2f726d8.jpg

20141103_213906_zpse3ba7040.jpg

Edited by grayracer513
vulagarity

Even Hedonist figured me out. Life's too short to run around feeling butt hurt.

I understand most of your comments are either sarcastic, or passive aggressive. I guessed that when I started posting on TT again.

I wanted to ask a simple question, I guess I got the answer.

Both my knees are trashed. They ache all the time. A long sitting ride makes it worse. I stand up as much as possible.

Put on a taller  seat for a less-sore knee; it will reduce the bending.

Seat concepts is fine, but man does it chafe if you stand up and down a lot. I can't do a 100 mile desert ride with mine, on my KTM. It's murder on the thighs.

I absolutely love my seat concepts seat.  Really makes a big difference if you cruise trails alot and do sit down from time to time, or on those long 100 mile desert races.  If you are tall, get a tall seat.  My standard height seat is perfect for me, 5'10".

2015-01-25102133.jpg

I got a Seat Concepts seat and am happy with it.  It's wider on top than the stock ass hatchet.  

I've also taken the foam out of stock seats and replaced the top inch or so with a softer foam.  

I just did a seat concepts seat on my 08 2 weeks ago. Spent like $20 or something on a harbor freight stapler. Super easy, came out great.

I havent ridden with it yet though as its been super cold.  Seems comfortable enough.

Just curious, what years are compatible for seats? I have an 03 and might like to change it out. I'm thinking of changing out the tank/shrouds too if it matters.