HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jentzschman

Re-wire Tusk switch to bikes main on/off button

5 posts in this topic

I have a 07 WR450 with the tusk lighting kit. I want to re wire the tusk on/off switch to the bikes main button. Reason being is I want to eliminate the need for the tusk switch and simply power everything using the bikes main on/off button.

I do not mind doing wiring, but as far as figuring out the best way to re wire it, that has me a little stumped. 

Any thoughts?

On my '12 write I installed the tusk dual sport wiring harness with the tusk light / blinker switch. I left the wire harness disconnected at the rear (battery). Then I picked up power at the main power button. This let's me turn on all the lights / blinkers when I activate the push button main power switch. Works well for me.

On my wife's 04 crew I did the same but connected the hardness at the battery as well as the key switch. Again works well for m.

Doing the same with my 07 WR250F, wish I would done the same with my 07 WR450F.

I am going to use a Relay and power the headlight from that as well. I can see it in my head, but have to be next to the bike to give you colors and location.

When looking at the connector to the switch, There are 2 red wires, a brown wire and a black wire. The larger red wire is battery in and the brown is switch out. I wired the Tusk battery feed to the larger red wire and the switch out wire to the brown wire.. I also wire the headlight wire to the brown switch out wire.