HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirthumpalot

Last chain question I swear (x-ring)

7 posts in this topic

I give up, I'm getting sprockets at the local shop so I can ride next weekend. I've convinced myself to try an x-ring chain this time around, problem is the local shop has several models from $80 to $140 and I have no idea what the difference is aside from tense strength and brand. The $80 is an EK (or RK? ) and the $140 is a DID. Which brand/model x-ring do you all recommend as the longest lasting?

Thanks!

DID X-ring for $140, are they going to take you to dinner too, just kidding ? I bought one from MXSouth for right around $100, but it looks like Rocky Mountain has them for even cheaper. Check it it out Rocky Mountain

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: DPW ]

Thanks. I checked the DID website and they actually have many x-ring models and I can't tell which one is for sale at RockyMountain. $140 was the 520ERV2. After looking I think I'm interested in the 520VM. Very neat info about chains on the site:

DID offroad chains

DID chain specs

I'm still very interested in feedback.

Thanks!!

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: sirthumpalot ]

Confusing stuff... I know I have the DID Gold X-ring (ERV2 is Gold-- I'm almost sure!) and hard coated. that has tacken the abuse much better than any of the others that I've tried. MX south was great! less than a week. I think it was around $160 with Renthal sprockets..

I have the 520VM, and so far I've been very pleased with it. The only time I've had to adjust the chain is when I remove the rear tire.