HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Envisage

YZ 450 2014 SAND SET UP

5 posts in this topic

Love to hear from those in the know & suggestions on what some good rough sand settings & set ups for a YZ 450 2014

Both Forks & shock have been re valved.Front & back are still harsh in the last half of the stroke in particular

Forks

.49's, 360 cc oil running rebound @8/9, comp 4, 3mm up in clamps

Shock

5.9 spring, 105 sag , rebound all the way in, Hi speed 1.75 turns out, comp 14

90kg

At 165-170 pounds without gear i thought the stock settings were pretty good for sand. Sag at 110. First 6 months i had my 14 was 95% dunes riding

Lower the fork outer chamber oil level to 330, and back the compression off a little. 

Running the shock rebound all the way in is an indication the shock needs a revalve.  Most YZ's have excessively lax rebound curves, so it's no surprise.

Lower the fork outer chamber oil level to 330, and back the compression off a little. 

Running the shock rebound all the way in is an indication the shock needs a revalve.  Most YZ's have excessively lax rebound curves, so it's no surprise.

Thanks, have tried lowering the oil level before, & it does help.

To make any real improvement needs to be 20cc, or more. Trouble i found was it then blows through the stroke too quickly & dives under brakes. Hard when you want the front to sit up in the sand. I also then found myself adding more comp to compensate for this & feeling like i was back where i started ?

Ps: Fork comp running @ 7 out, not 4

Could be that your springs are light and or your valving is horribly wrong. Seems like being 4 out on fork comp is compensating for one of those. All in on Shock rebound is all wrong. If you paid for that re valve you need to go back and have it corrected