yz400f vs newer 250f

In a straight line of course your 400 would win. But it's not for drags lol

I know we drag race in fields bc its fun and we normally just ride trails and ride home made tracks. Then occasionaly go to a local track. Im wanting to know about a cr250 2 stroke now

Because drag racing is what dirt bikes were made for...

?

I know its not what its made for but id like to shut up a few kids. They think there cr250 and old wr250 2 stroke will blow there doors off my 'old' 400 thats gonna be coming off a fresh rebuild. Itll be bored out to a 426 

I know its not what its made for but id like to shut up a few kids. They think there cr250 and old wr250 2 stroke will blow there doors off my 'old' 400 thats gonna be coming off a fresh rebuild. Itll be bored out to a 426

Just go ride. Oh my god. Who cares who's is faster? If you can't handle it on a track then it's not good for you. I'm all for doing what you want to on YOUR toys, but people like you give us a bad rep.

Just go ride. Oh my god. Who cares who's is faster? If you can't handle it on a track then it's not good for you. I'm all for doing what you want to on YOUR toys, but people like you give us a bad rep.

How do i give motocross riders a bad rep. By drag racing through with my buddies in fields they own where nobody is around so we dont annoy anybody and race eachother through woods they own. Then like twice a year when we do go to a track we never cause any trouble or slow anybody down. Were usually passing people

i think the other posters are just anoyed by you. if you honestly want to know whats faster the best thing to do would be hop off the key board and onto your bike and find out.

I cant go hop on my bike bc its being rebuilt and its below zero

Don't let people hate!  Riding is riding and if drag racing is your style let it be.   My opinion:   With equal riders the ranking with those 3 bikes in good running stock condtion would be: 1st. cr 250  close 2nd the 400 and not far behind with a 50 yard drag would be a 250f.  But once in a blue moon ill take my 450 out to ride with the local field riding pros like yourself and ill hoop on anyones bike 125 and up and can typically beat anyone of the local field riding pros in a 50 yard drag.....but i've been also racing for quite a while. 

Don't let people hate!  Riding is riding and if drag racing is your style let it be.   My opinion:   With equal riders the ranking with those 3 bikes in good running stock condtion would be: 1st. cr 250  close 2nd the 400 and not far behind with a 50 yard drag would be a 250f.  But once in a blue moon ill take my 450 out to ride with the local field riding pros like yourself and ill hoop on anyones bike 125 and up and can typically beat anyone of the local field riding pros in a 50 yard drag.....but i've been also racing for quite a while. 

yea a lot depends on rider. I beat a kid with my xr200 and he had a cr125 and the race was 100 yards. Cant wait till it warms up a bit so i can finally find out myself what is faster