YZ brakes have faded.

When I first got my YZ the brakes performed amazingly. I could do stoppies with little to no effort, and the lever feel was tight. Now, for some reason, My brakes have lost their umph and while they still stop me, the original strength isn't there anymore. I thought my pads were glazed or had maybe gotten some oil on them so I swapped my pads for a new set EBC sintered pads, and bled my brakes. The feel is still the same, squishy with no firm grab. I am going to take off my rotor and have it media blasted, but what else can I look at as a cause for a loss on brake power?

If the lever is "squisy" its either air it the line or the line its self has failed.

If the lever is "squisy" its either air it the line or the line its self has failed.

get it figured out?

I checked my brake line and have no indication that it has failed, and I also tried back bleeding the system but still no luck.  I think I am going to order a stainless cable and see if that helps.

I checked my brake line and have no indication that it has failed, and I also tried back bleeding the system but still no luck. I think I am going to order a stainless cable and see if that helps.

Ya I bet it will

Ya I bet it will

I finally got my SS brake cable, that was it. I guess my other cable was just toast.

My stock cable was toast in less than 15 hours.  SS line fixed that right up.

The stock pads aren't particularly stiff either.

I've also read that some of the older calipers were a lot stiffer, but heavier.