Gatos Bros & Zeta Side Mount Handguard Mounts

Is anyone using the Gatos Bros or Zeta side triple clamp mounts on a 2007--> WR450F?  I'm really not happy with most of the handguard options I've tried.  It always seems like cables or levers are not in the right position or the guards are pointing too far up or down.  I have the GPR V4 stabilizer on my bike so my bars are a little higher than stock.

Gatos Bros

gatos.jpg

Zeta

zeta.jpg

I would also be interested in seeing any successful installs of the Cycra side mounts or U-Clamps that didn't require grinding, tweaking etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 07 WR250F and 07 WR450F, the I run Cycra Pro-Bends on both, I bought the 250 Used with the hand guards and bought new ones for my 450. On both I bought the Cycra side mounts. The 450, fit together EASY!! The 250, I can not get it to fit.. I would love to try some of those Gato Bros mounts on the 250...

Edited by Derwud

Hey, thanks for your interest in our products. Shoot me a PM with your shipping information and I'll send you a pair of handguard mounts to try out so you can tell us what you think of them. 

Wow, quite an offer... makes me wish I'd started the thread. 

I need to figure out what handguards will work well on my supermoto, it has a Brembo 16x18 master cylinder that's way bigger than typical dirtbike masters.

Guys, stay tuned.  Gatos Bros sent the mounts and they're beautiful.  I'm going to mount them up and post pics this weekend.  My preliminary trial with Tusk hand guards and Gatos mounts were perfect with the tiny little exception of needing to tweak the brake line guide.  Should have that sorted out this weekend.

Finally got everything sorted out...

I started with Tusk hand guards on Pro Taper bars. The problem I was having was the taper of the handlebars. It's hard to get something that fits, and the bars get really crowded when you're trying to add the switches, mirrors, etc. to make the bike street legal.

IMG_2385.jpg

The Gatos Bros mounts looked like the perfect solution. The problem with triple clamp side mounts on the WR450 is the headlight and brake guide. There are no issues with the headlight mount on my 2007 WR450F. The Gatos Bros mounts have just enough room for the headlight mounts to work. Here is a right side pic.

IMG_2388.jpg

The only small problem is on the left side. The brake guide mount is in the way.

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

The problem was pretty easy to fix with a grinding wheel and a file. I used the existing bracket and plastic cable guide. Just took a little time to make some modifications. Here it is after 20 minutes of tinkering.

IMG_2404.jpg

All tightened up and ready for the headlight.

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

View from the top

IMG_2414.jpg

The Gatos Bros mounts save a lot of room on the handle bars. The tie down hole is really cool as well.

IMG_2422.jpg

Bike is slowly coming together.

IMG_2424.jpg

A big thanks to Gatos Bros!!!

Cheers...

Your front brake line is running the wrong way. It needs to go on the inside of fork

Good eye, I'm not quite ready for final assembly yet. A lot of stuff is just bolted down temporarily. Appreciate you pointing it out though.

No problem. I hand the Cycra triple clamp ones and I just took off the top front brake guide and I had no problem with it moving or catching any thing. But I like the look of the Gatos Bros

Those are pretty darn trick!

I like how they tie in to the upper triple tree. Solid mount and it also gives you LOTS  more room on the handlebars.

I am running Acerbis guards but they mount in on the handle bars and get in the way of the clucth adjustment. Also are pretty close to the brake line/banjo bolt so neither hand guard is located exactly at the angle where I really want them.

My handlebars are REAL busy too. Since I took off the headlight and carry a chainsaw up where the headlight used to be. By the time I get everything else I want mounted up on the handlebars (mirror, gps, 6-7 switches, headlight, you know, just the basics!)  I am pert near out of room. Had to mount a real small but VERY powerful LED headlight on the master cylinder cap cause I was out of room and  skeerd of the dark!! Not really skeerd, Just HATE not being able to see!

All the room those free up on the bars is way nice!

AND the added convenience of tie down holes to boot! COOL!

Edited by ThumpMe