HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smedes03crf450

Dies while idle

5 posts in this topic

Sounds like it could have the start of a plugged up idle jet or maybe some garbage in the float bowl.

Is the gas fresh? Might try running some Seafoam or Startron through it but if it is garbage in float bowl will probably need to be opened up and cleaned out.

One more thing you might want to check is that your decompression lever cable has a little slack in it when turned BOTH directions.

I JUST went through this yesterday!

Seems I bumped or somehow got my decompression lever turned up a little on the handlebar and it used up the little bit of slack in the cable. Then as the bike was sitting there warming up the handlebars would slowly turn to one side from vibration of motor. It would then pull slightly on the decompression release and kill the motor.