Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bturner

Can anyone confirm this is a Dr. D exhaust?

7 posts in this topic

I found a guy that sells bike parts & he has this exhaust system for a 06-09 yz450f that he was told is a Dr. D, but has no markings on it. It's the carbon exhaust. I have a full fmf , but have been wanting to install the rad lowering kit that I have, so I need the Dr. D system.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1423798362.153891.jpg

Example for an 06: ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1423798403.467688.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1423798457.393453.jpg

Edited by Bturner

It looks similar to the aluminum early version I had on my 06 KX. can you get any other pictures, like the end cap and the other side of the mid pipe? Can you remove the end cap and see if there is a recess under the end for a spark arrestor?

It looks similar to the aluminum early version I had on my 06 KX. can you get any other pictures, like the end cap and the other side of the mid pipe? Can you remove the end cap and see if there is a recess under the end for a spark arrestor?

I'll email the guy and see. But this is all he had at the moment. I was looking on DR. D's website & they sell the emblems for these older exhaust , which are only held on by 2 rivets, so maybe thats why this one is missing...

Do you guys think it matters if I order an exhaust that was made in 06 compared to if I bought a new one? If I repack it, it should be good as new right? I'm wondering if & how much he has improved this system for the 09, or if its basically the same. This one is $200 used & a new one is $550 (stainless steal). Carbon is $750 i think...

Wes, I'll be having it shipped so I wont be able to physically look at it til I get it. I'll call him & see what he can do & i'll get back to you. Thanks man.