What is the added price for a California plated 2007 WR450F

I am thinking of selling my 2007 WR450f that is California plated. I am trying to decide a correct asking price. Being plated in CA is somewhat rare. It has been plated for 5 annual renewals now with no issues. Bike has never been used on the road. I plated it to make it legal to connect forest trails. I do not even ride it the 1 mile to my local gas station. Question for those in the know in California is what does the plate add to the value of the bike versus a non plated bike of equal condition and hours. Thanks for your opinions.

Thinking maybe 800 or so.

$800 (gut number)

Whoa, that's scary. 

Both Steve and I should go buy lotto tickets right away.

$800 (gut number)

Whoa, that's scary. 

Both Steve and I should go buy lotto tickets right away.

The Blue Bros.

Now let's get those tickets.

The Blue Bros.

Now let's get those tickets.

Thanks guys. That is the same pricing as I was thinking but wanted to get other opinions from non potential customers.  Any others care to chime in?

Just curious, how did you get it plated? Apparently my 03 WR450 was brought in already plated from TX with "7600" miles on it. 

I think that close to a grand extra is pretty reasonable. Maybe even more depending on who you find. 

Thanks guys. That is the same pricing as I was thinking but wanted to get other opinions from non potential customers.  Any others care to chime in?

Sweet I am on my way with $800 , you didn't even say OBO so you can't back out now   :thumbsup:

Just curious , what part of CA is this for sale in ?

Sweet I am on my way with $800 , you didn't even say OBO so you can't back out now   :thumbsup:

Just curious , what part of CA is this for sale in ?

Ha Ha. If it was up to my wife she would be waiting with the loading ramp. Not for sale yet. trying to decide if I really want a new bike or not. I am outside of Sacramento on the way to Tahoe.It is hard to price a bike like this.

Sold mine for $3,900 in less than 24 hours.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1423837538.003528.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1423837562.670894.jpg

Edited by KennyMc

Well, it was a hardly ridden garage queen, after all.

Oh, and your WR forum privilidges were revoked the moment you signed off the pink....  

:naughty:  :p

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

Isn't this going to be a gamble for the new owner with regard to getting it registered and plated in their name? 

No.

Plate make WR worth 10 extra mammoth skins.  Plate be nice, but CaveMike rather have mammoth skins.