HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert_Brazil

12V DC connection

5 posts in this topic

I own a WR450F 2004, finally a bike that allows me to substitute the batteries of my rally equipmente (computer/GPS etc) for a direct power supply.

Who can tell me which color cable (located behind the front lamp unit) is the one that supplies clean stable 12V DC? Tks!

Actually there may not be a good source of DC behind the headlight as all the lights and such are run off the AC magneto. The only thing the DC circuit does is charge the battery and operate the starter. Your best bet is to run a set of wires (properly fused of course) directly from the battery.

I power my GPS with a cig lighter adapter that I installed on my sled. Since I have no battery I had to put an adapter kit with capacitor in to make the power smooth and useable. Polaris sells the factory kit and I don't see why it won't work on a bike.

Lighting is all AC, be had a long thread on conversions and rectifiers complete with diagrams on building your own AC to DC converter (rectifier) with shock absorber (capacitor), maybe a search. It was in this section, ie WR400/426/450 :)

Your best bet is to run a set of wires (properly fused of course) directly from the battery.

This is how I setup my configuration for the brake light switch, the horn and the power supply for the gps. Works like a charm! :)