HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueridgehb

wr450f throttle stop and cold start

3 posts in this topic

i have a wr450f 2003 / left over got a good deal. so far i opened up the exhaust and air box , dont think i will do the grey wire thing . but on the throttle stop i saw in here to buy one for a yz 450 . the only difference i can tell is the length , has anyone just ground one down and if so how short do i make it ? also it is a bear to start cold i do keep a 1amp charger on the battery at times to keep it fully charged seems to help but has anyone got a trick to start it cold ?

What I've learned is....good jetting = easy starting. (Thanks Indy)

Cut throttle stop down until carb slide is fully open...around 19mm.

More Air (exhaust/airbox open) = more fuel needed.

Why not do the grey wire? It takes less than a min.

has anyone just ground one down and if so how short do i make it ? also it is a bear to start cold i do keep a 1amp charger on the battery at times to keep it fully charged seems to help but has anyone got a trick to start it cold ?

As far as the Throttle stop I lopped off the "shiney part"

as I was Not told to do by the people who didn't sell me the bike :) as for the starting, same exact problem and I did have it rejetted and still not a big fan of e-start but 3-7 kicks later she's alive. really should be as easy as one kick over though