rer shock linkage needle bearings question

I have the rear linkage apart- putting the shock back in.. The needle bearings in the linkage attached to the swing arm -closer to the tire, are falling out as I try to assemble the linkage..

Should I replace the whole two bearings or pick up the bearings ( hopefully all) and pack them full of grease and finish the install?

thanks!

Dustin

I have the rear linkage apart- putting the shock back in.. The needle bearings in the linkage attached to the swing arm -closer to the tire, are falling out as I try to assemble the linkage..

Should I replace the whole two bearings or pick up the bearings ( hopefully all) and pack them full of grease and finish the install?

thanks!

Dustin

Yes they will fall out put them back in with some good moly grease they  will be fine

That seems odd. I admit my knowledge on wrenching on dirt bikes is limited but I have never had the needles fall out after cleaning and greasing them. If the bearing race is not worn and the needles are in good shape. I would just put them back in and try again.

Thanks guys. I'll just put them back in. I called the shop and a rebuild kit was $90. There is some light corrosion on the inner bushing where the bolt goes through , etc so I'll dig back into this soon, but am more interested in getting it on the trail this weekend.

Cheers!