Pea shooter removal

I got an 09 wr450(if that matters) and I've heard that u should remove the pea shooter in the exhaust and I don't know how. Yes I've gone to faqs and gone to there free mods stuff but I couldn't find the instructions to do so. Someone wanna tell me how?

Update from this thread:https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/775156-2008-yz450f-exhaust-on-a-08-wr-450/

I know there are pictures here that show you, but I cannot remember which thread it was. It shouldnt be too hard to find it.

The pea shooter is the inner baffel (about 5/8" diameter) that is enclosed in the outer baffel (about 1") on the tailpipe. You can take the end cap off to reveal the 5 or 6 bolts that hold the baffel onto the silencer. Then you can simply drill out the rivet on each side that holds the inner baffel to the outer. After you drill out the rivets you must remove the inner baffel. It will take a little carefull effert to remove it as it is pressed in I believe. Be careful to not bend or damage the mounting plate of the baffel as it is thin. It does open up the pipe a little and let it flow better.

Remember GOGGLE is your friend.

Edited by stevethe

Sounds like you removed the restrictive pea shooter from within the pipe and are reassembling, so you might be just fine.  For your reference, here is the Yamaha GYTR replacement end piece that already has all the restrictions (pea shooter) removed and you attach using the four allen head screws you removed. Reuse the existing stainless steel gasket when you put it on and put the end cover back on.  As you can tell some people just eliminate the entire piece and put the end cover back on (which works but doesn't look as clean). 

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/oemcatalogs/p/yamaha_motorcycle_off_road_2009_wr450f/yamaha_accessories-performance/4ff9e7d7f870021c947d6266/quiet-gytr-performance-wr-muffler-insert

Hopefully you did not remove the spark arrestor screen.