HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blarf

14 YZ450 oil....is that normal?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I open the side cover and changed the shift stopper (as a precaution). I put all fluids back including oil.

I started the bike and rode for like 5min. check the oil through the glass door and it is like whitish color. not milky white like i saw on some other pics though.

i don't recall being like that when i drained it.

what could it be?

thanks

Edited by blarf

Was it rather 'foamy bubbles' with a whitish tint, if so it could be oil aeration from overfilling.

Are you using motorcycle compatible oil (JASO) and recheck the level/quantity you put in.

Edited by mlatour
1 person likes this

Was it rather 'foamy bubbles' with a whitish tint, if so it could be oil aeration from overfilling.

Are you using motorcycle compatible oil (JASO) and recheck the level/quantity you put in.

Hi, rechecked the pil this morning and it is back to normal color.so I think you are right. I'm using Mobil 1 4T racing oil.

I'll drain it and out less and see. Thanks