HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XrFreakXr

Newbie questions

2 posts in this topic

First of all, what's jetting and how can i tell what mine is at. Second, if I mod the air box on my xr600r do i need to mod anything else(ie jetting)? I've seen people cut open a small square on the side and then glued a screen to prevent most dirt from getting in. Should i go ahead and do this, and is it really worth it? BTW if u guys would share any other inexpensive mods i'd like to hear them. Thanks in advance. :)

Jetting controls how much fuel is let into the engine. Go to 4strokes.com that site has some great articles in the tech section on jetting and how carbs work. If you mod the airbox to let in more air and the exhaust to be less restrictive you need to re jet. It's not that hard to do. I did my 650 and it's the first time I've ever done it. The guys in this forum can walk you through about anything you need to do. They helped me alot. Good luck and welcome to TT.