Striped drain threads 06yz560f

Hello people

Recently during pulling my engine for rebuild soon i wanted to drain oil ect

Well taking out my left side sump drain bolt

I found a helli coil on my bolt

Oem bolt would not go in so i

Used a larger bolt and just a little longer than stock i managed to somewhat self tap new threads (not perfect) but my main concern is would the longer bolt cause oil preasure problems

And how can it be fixed

1weld it up and re drill?

2 time cert?

3 new crank case ? .

Cheers

Yz450f i meant to write lol

Hello people

Recently during pulling my engine for rebuild soon i wanted to drain oil ect

Well taking out my left side sump drain bolt

I found a helli coil on my bolt

Oem bolt would not go in so i

Used a larger bolt and just a little longer than stock i managed to somewhat self tap new threads (not perfect) but my main concern is would the longer bolt cause oil preasure problems

And how can it be fixed

1weld it up and re drill?

2 time cert?

3 new crank case ? .

Cheers

If the helicoil came out with the bolt you probably should have used that bolt again with a helicoil the seal is at the head of the bolt not the threads by 'self tapping' you could have pushed in bits of aluminum from the crankcase and you have not generated a stable thread which could fail and is almost certainly not useable again (If you loosen that bolt now and try to tighten again it will probably strip and leak almost certainly.) 

I think you should drill and tap for helicoil and get a bolt for that helicoil thats the correct length.  

A Time Sert is a better choice because the tooling setup for the installation spot faces the top of the hole square with the bore, and the don't have a tendecy to back out with the bolt.  They're also less prone to being damaged when starting bolts back into them than a Heli-Coil is, and with a frequently removed/replaced bolt like a drain, that's important. 

An over-long bolt in either of the two drains on an '06 will cause no problems as long as they aren't more than more than 10mm or so longer.

Ok yeh im going to use a time cert

On them once i work out what im doing with the rebuild .