My Rebel X Rally / Desert bike build thread

Ian is out with a fractured leg. Bummer:

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Not so good news for rookie Ian Ganderton, apparently accidentally hit by a car. He's ok, but at the hospital awaiting X-Rays on an injured leg. Unlucky Day 2 after such a promising start for the newbie to Rallying (and offroad riding). Here is hoping he will be cleared to continue tomorrow.

<br />

<br />

Yes my ADDC adventure is over for now. I was going really well today too.<br />

<br />

I was in the last group of bikes for the mass start then stopped to help a rider with 2 litres of fuel 10km before PC2. The first car came past me at about pc2<br />

<br />

I was then caught be quite a few of them. Gawd damn they chop up the sand. Slip faces become really bad. Where possible I tried to stay off the line but sometimes you have to<br />

<br />

Over one steep crest I made a small mistake in the really chopped up slip face but didn't fall. Stopped with front with the front wheel pointing up the slope. Dragged it round in a few seconds and was sitting on the bike about to give it gas when a car popped over the crest and hit me. Pushed me sideways and ran over my right leg. I was lucky. Could have been a lot worse<br />

<br />

My sentinel wasn't on. I'd tried to set it but in all honesty I couldn't remember which button to press. The briefing on Saturday seems like a life time ago. I did pay attention but just couldn't remember. <br />

<br />

Matter of seconds and it wouldn't have happened. I'd have been out of the way<br />

<br />

If I hadn't of stopped to help I wouldn't have been caught by so many cars blah blah blah<br />

<br />

I'm gutted <br />

<br />

My brother has posted this on my facebook and I think it's great<br />

<br />

"No pipe and slippers though. Steve mcqueen once said, "Life is racing, everything else is just waiting". Heal up, and find the next start line."<br />

<br />

fa32722435fdf6541b8cb4fa3ddf6f24.jpg<br />

<br />

<br />

<br/>

S***T

that doesnt suppose to happen!

Hope you get well soon IggS!

any news?