I am going nuts with all this snow.

It just snowed another 15" here in the Salt Lake area, Will I ever get to ride again? I'am starting to have withdrawls, I'am getting shaky, nervous, and irritable, I need to feel the power of that 450, I need to feel the back tire break loose and slide around until its right along side of me, I need go down a single track trail at about fifty MPH, heck I even miss crashing. Man I can't wait til spring!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I feel for you! This weekend was the first time I was unable to ride because of snow. We got six inches where we normally go (out in the desert) but we took the quads as backup. ATV's are very anti-climatic and boring compared to dirt bikes, but at least we got to bust out 20 miles instead of sitting in front of the computer. ?:D

It's a little cold here, but no snow. We sure could use some moisture. I don't mind snow if it melts off in a day or two. I grew up in Wisconsin in the 1970's and I don't miss that kind of weather for sure.

Only thing keeping me from riding is my bruised thigh.

Not much snow hear but has been cold as hell :D. I have taken this oppitunity to disassemble my 450 & my son's ttr125 to clean, replace any worn parts & lube and regrease everything so it will be ready for the warmer weather ?. Once that is done I will bring our bikes to the dealer for valve adjustments for I don't have the knowledge nor the time to try and do it myself.

Smoke :D

We have 6 feet of snow here. Driving down the road is like driving through a tunnel !!! I can't wait till it settles & gets packed. The ice cleats are on & i'm going to have a blast ?

I'll have to use my KX 500 for now, my new blue is still hibernating in a crate :D

15 inches of snow, you were lucky! I used to dreeeeaaaam of only getting 15 inches of snow. We got 3 feet last week and another 2 feet yesterday. I was out for an hour run today and another 7 inches fell. I have to park my bike on the roof of the shed so it doesn't get buried every night. Head out on a sled trail and slap that 450. I gare-on-tee that back tire'll break loose and slide around until its right along side of you. Sometimes mine even passes me and races the front into a turn. Man, I miss crashing in only 15 inches of snow. You can still almost feel the ground when you hit. My memory's getting a bit bad and without the pain of solid contact I'm not sure if I crashed in that 6 foot drift or just stopped to make snow angels. I love riding in the snow! I love it better than riding in the dirt! It has been awhile though, and maybe I forget how much fun dirt riding can be. Grab your mittens and hit the slopes. Once you get the hang of it it's a blast! You'll be a better rider by the time spring rolls around and your bike'll be as clean as the day it rolled off the showroom floor.