HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yami250_04

2008 Yz450f engine swap with 1999 yz400f

2 posts in this topic

Hi I have just picked up a 2008 yz450f (aloy frame) Yamaha complete rolling chassis I curently am riding a 1999 yzf400 the plan that I had was to put all of the 400 runing gear into the 450 chassis and go from there the one problem we are thinking about is on the 400 the oil is stored in the frame when on the 450 it is kept in the motor is there any solutions out there

Cheers Aiden

Hi I have just picked up a 2008 yz450f (aloy frame) Yamaha complete rolling chassis I curently am riding a 1999 yzf400 the plan that I had was to put all of the 400 runing gear into the 450 chassis and go from there the one problem we are thinking about is on the 400 the oil is stored in the frame when on the 450 it is kept in the motor is there any solutions out there

Cheers Aiden

Here are some photos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg