HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dexter42

Boss clutch

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the red arrow is suppose to have play from the green arrow? The inside spline red has free play from the basket green and I don't remember this ever being the case but since it's my first efi bike I tear down I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm please. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1420937413.573263.jpg

No play. Normally, the outter basket is spring loaded to deal with shock.

What year/make/model?

Your clutch has rubber 'cushions' so yes there is some play

I was going to say the same thing. there are rubber dampers on the back side of that piece so there should be a bit of play.

And for what it's worth, 99% of the bike is the same as it would be if it were carburated, including the clutch.

Ok so now I'm confused, it's for an 11 yz450f. While looking for a new basket I found that the 05-13 is the same boss basket, the 06 I use to have dint have play in between the two. This one feels like I could almost take that center piece out if I wanted too. My 06 felt like it was welded to the aluminum basket, it would not move.??? Lost...

Edited by Dexter42

Ok so now I'm confused, it's for an 11 yz450f.

A mod might want to move this to the correct section. I was assuming this was for a WR since that's the section it was posted in.