HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4:20six

Odd starting problem

4 posts in this topic

I know it is a big no-no to blip the throttle when starting these machines, but sometimes(quite often actually) I have to, to get my 02 going again. If I don't the bike starts for a second then shuts off, like it's outta gas. Could this mean my accelerator pump could be busted? Anybody else have this problem? Thanks

P.S. After growing up in cental massachusetts I have one more thing to say..HOW BOUT THEM PATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!

You might want to try to either raise your idle a tad, or richen the mixture screw a little.

I don't know what your weather conditions are, but I've learned that in cooler weather (around 40 degrees) I have to blip my 02's throttle a couple times before kicking and it will start 1st kick every time. Otherwise, I'll have the symtoms you described. Warmer weather requires no blips to start.

Hey 4:20 Is it time yet? :D I too have to twist her once or twice to start the fire in the cold (below freezing) then 1 or 2 kicks and its go time.

you may want to richen the air screw, or fatten the pilot a size.

how does she run when warm?

And have a good time :) lets go riding :D