Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jc6711

Help me decide on an exhaust 14' 450f

7 posts in this topic

I am looking at purchasing a slip on for my 2014 YZ450F. I am a novice MX racer just looking for an exhaust that looks good and has a bit more aggressive sound. I have narrowed my choice to three different models: 

1) Yoshimura RS-4 Aluminum slip on. 

This one is the cheapest ($315 is what I found), has a carbon fiber end cap, and looks fairly good in my book. 

2012-ktm-250-sx-f-yoshimura-rs-4-exhaust

2) Pro Circuit T-6 Slip on. This one is just aluminum and stainless (can buy carbon cap separately for $100). Best price I have found $395.

pro-circuit-t-6-yamaha-system.jpg

3) FMF 4.1 RCT  SL. This is the one I am leaning towards most. It goes for $404 and has the carbon end cap.

s780_fmf.jpg?1410459764

I am looking for input from people who have experience with these exhaust, or any other exhaust for that matter. I would really like to see some pics with the fmf and pro circuit installed. Thanks

I've got a DR.D system and it works great was a favorite among the dirtbike magazine yz450f exhaust shootout I think it won if I'm not mistaken I noticed it took a little bit of the bite off idle and made a bunch more over rev improvement across the whole power band. And it's cheaper than other systems but get yourself some heatsheild clamps to re use left side of the header or you'll burn your boots.

1420235351331.jpg

1420235400524.jpg

I've got a DR.D system and it works great was a favorite among the dirtbike magazine yz450f exhaust shootout I think it won if I'm not mistaken .i may not be the sexiest can of them all but I noticed it took a little bit of the bite off idle and made a bunch more over rev.. improvement across the whole power band. And it's cheaper than other systems but get yourself some heatsheild clamps to re use left side of the header or you'll burn your boots.

Watch "FULL DR.D EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPARISON 2014YZ450F FU…" on YouTube

FULL DR.D EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPARISON 2014YZ450F FU…:

Video does not do justice. I also noticed it got rid of the backfiring

Edited by yzUSMCf