Big bore kit on a 14'+ yz450f? Has anyone done it.

I'm interested to see if it's worth it.

Worth it for what? Hillclimbs?

If the kit produced a power gain commensurate with the displacement increase (which won't quite happen), that would be less than 7%, or about 2.5 hp.

Just to haul more ass off track in the dunes and desert .

I would only consider doing it when rebuilding the engine. But would change character of engine. And i dont see any dyno numbers

Just to haul more ass off track in the dunes and desert .

I would only consider doing it when rebuilding the engine. But would change character of engine. And i dont see any dyno numbers

More low end but kills the top end. My stepson has a 490 kit on his crf and it's not great. You'll like the old motor better in my opinion.

More low end but kills the top end. My stepson has a 490 kit on his crf and it's not great. You'll like the old motor better in my opinion.

yeah I figured . It's more of the idea that's cool . I'd rather get some head work done then.

This motor has plenty of power, and no real dead spots.  Stock is best.

yeah I figured . It's more of the idea that's cool . I'd rather get some head work done then.

. Hey how are you my friend? You know damn skippy you ain't riding that bike to it's full potential in the power department. Spend some money on suspension tuner rims riding gear that motor in stock dress is bad ass and you no it.

. Hey how are you my friend? You know damn skippy you ain't riding that bike to it's full potential in the power department. Spend some money on suspension tuner rims riding gear that motor in stock dress is bad ass and you no it.

doing good man! Yeah if I did do a big bore it wouldn't be anytime in the near future I'm just curious just how much hp you can squeeze out of these bikes. The suspension is perfect for me stock 400 into the suspension wouldn't do too much for me at my skill level and it's the nicest I've ever ridden! At the track I don't touch the full power of this bike but in the desert I sure do! Smoking everybody lol . I get in trouble for roosting my friends on accident ha.