HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rojapar

Hour meter?

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any pics of where they are mounting an hour meter on a 2014-2015 450?  Also, what is the best kind to get?

I just use my gytr tuner to track hours

finally picked the bike up.  looks like id have to start taking the side panels off, the tank, etc to get an hour meter hooked up.

i didnt know the tuner tracked the hours.  so do you just plug it in and it tells you how many hours are on the bike?

I bought a hour meter for my 14 450 and gave up on placement. I just use the tuner. It's super easy. P

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425249625.794244.jpg

I mounted mine under the seat.. Made a small aluminum bracket and safety wired it to the piece.. There is a small hole next to the tank bolt where you can connect bolt it to.. Works great no issues,,

I put mine on the front of the headtube behind the number plate.  Just turn the bars and you can see it between the fork tube and the number plate.  Stays relatively clean that way too.

I mounted mine at the top of the frame just below where you plug the tuner into easy to see there doesn't get damaged and easy to hide the wires just run it along with the other wiringImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425284892.906933.jpg

Sorry havnt washed my bike yet after the weekend lol

jmooney70

But you have to remove it every time you change the air filter ???

That's why I mounted mine under the seat....ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425641476.811684.jpg

jmooney70

But you have to remove it every time you change the air filter ???

Two extra screws and I don't mind.