Picked up a great deal on '14 450 - and they have 3 more.....

Lol, paid around $10k for my 15...but they let me put it on my Visa so bonus for AirMiles....

Ouch. Here in oregon the 15 are 8500 no sales tax. Dmv paperwork is 100 if you have the shop do it but that's optional

Ouch. Here in oregon the 15 are 8500 no sales tax. Dmv paperwork is 100 if you have the shop do it but that's optional

Still over $10k once you do the $CND-$US conversion..

Still over $10k once you do the $CND-$US conversion..

True. Missed that little detail

2014 yz450f bought in november. 5800 cash otd plus the 500 blu cru credit card. 100 in gas  new york to pennsylvania and back. actuall cost 5400.  wait 4 months to ride for warmer weather   killin me

Edited by mikmech

You guys with 15s know its a 14 with $90 bucks worth of upgrades right . Js is all

You guys with 15s know its a 14 with $90 bucks worth of upgrades right . Js is all

I think you're wrong....

Just taking a blue unit as and example:

-Fork springs alone will run me about $300 so the heavier springs are welcomed as are the valving changes

-Black Excels which can be a wash for some will run you well into the $300+ mark for just the rims, doesn't include the labour for truing

-A tune will run you a few bucks unless you have to buy the tuner which is another $300

-Steel vs aluminum motor mounts I'm sure are about $50

-New rear sprocket run you about $30 if you're on the cheap side

-Different throttle spring or whatever to make it lighter, what like $10?

So in a sense I guess you're right, about $90 worth of changes but in my opinion I see nearly a $1000 so I guess it's in the eye of the beholder...

Edited by Monk

Really whats changed so much that you can't buy for 90 bucks ?

Motor mounts, fork tube thickness, different springrates, different fork valving, I think something changed with the water pump and shift stopper, and the quick disconnect hardware on the airbox.  I think that's it?

The forks are definitely stiff, so I can see why they went with the thinner tubes.  I like the stiffness personally and knowing they have the additional strength.

Motor mounts, fork tube thickness, different springrates, different fork valving, I think something changed with the water pump and shift stopper, and the quick disconnect hardware on the airbox. I think that's it?

The forks are definitely stiff, so I can see why they went with the thinner tubes. I like the stiffness personally and knowing they have the additional strength.

Forgot about the fork tube thickness...

Yes I did forget the forks but I updated my 14 for under 100 . The springs and valving are perfect for my weight and the dzus fasteners fall out anyway .

Forgot about the fork tube thickness...

I was wondering if the Forks on my 2011 YZ450 will fit in the clamps on my 2015 YZ250 2-stroke.   I have one of Dave J's kit in my 450's fork an shock and really like it... Would like to try the forks on the 250 just to see what it would feel like.  That way I would have an idea how much more they help than stock..   Stock set-up on the 250 isn't really that bad

Found a 2014 yz450f used, with only a couple hours apperntly for $4,500. Should I do that deal, or try buying new? Also, will my programer from my 2012 work on it? So I can verify the hours

Your. Programmer will work. take it with you when you go to check out the bike and plug it in to check the hours. if it has truly lower hours it might be worth buying. Seems most are doing the top end around 50 hours or less depending on the bikes use. If the hours are near that, i would figure the cost of a rebuild into the purchase price. At that point you may be better off buying a left over 14 from a dealer

Edited by Goforaride

Bear in mind that the tuner can not only read the total hours on the CDI, it can reset them to zero. 

Bear in mind that the tuner can not only read the total hours on the CDI, it can reset them to zero.

Ya I know it can reset them. I can tell the difference between a bike with 5 hours, and one with 75. A bike with 30 hours....maybe not

Would be funny to catch someone in a lie, since the average person doesn't have a programmer. Have someone say the bike has 5 hours, then hook up the programmer and it show 100 or something lol

Would be funny to catch someone in a lie, since the average person doesn't have a programmer. Have someone say the bike has 5 hours, then hook up the programmer and it show 100 or something lol

busted-kitten.jpg

Also feel out the seller. Is he a racer? Does he have a garage full of bikes or just the one brand new looking bike? Does the bike have numbers? Look for spare plastics laying around. Do they have numbers? New plastics can fool a guy. Does he have tools in the garage? If not, ask for maintenance records. If he will let you, lay the bike over and pull the oil filter and strainer. I have even looked up race results within my state to find out that the bike listed as low hours, never raced had infact been raced every weekend in A class races for the past year and a half. People are tricky and i will pay the extra for a brand new bike when the difference is only gonna be 1000-1500.

I get what your saying, I've actually looked up numbers before too. Lol

I looked threw his Facebook, and what I got was he's a goon rider that only rode it a couple times, and loves to take selfies lol

I get what your saying, I've actually looked up numbers before too. Lol

I looked threw his Facebook, and what I got was he's a goon rider that only rode it a couple times, and loves to take selfi

sounds like its worth checking out

Ok guys,

Went an checked the bike out, bike had 26 hours instead of 5 as claimed. Told the guy I wouldn't do $4,500 but id do $4,000. Then he couldn't start it so I said 3,800 as is. Though he was just an idiot and it was cold out.

Home now and now I can't get it started. It's 30 degrees out, not sure if that's effecting it. I'm letting her warm up in my garage now. Any advice? I've got it to almost start a couple times. Tried with the choke thing in and out...