Head soft spot?

• 2 weeks later...

I need this settled once and for all, i bought a bike has some damage, took to a cylinder head shop they said aroudn the damage it had gone soft and that if i got it fixed it would keep blowing gaskets. posted on here and a few people said they cannot go soft, so far according to a family friend (mechanic of 25 years) said they can and the owner of the cylinder shop said it can. so my questions im asking the professionals out on this forum can it get soft, weather its from extreme over heating or anything else. p.s the rest of the head is fine.

this is my sons log in. when i used to run lots of nitrous oxide in my drag car i would burn pistons up and they looked very similar. the aluminum will develop porosity small pin holes and very fine cracks after getting to hot making it weak. my guess is high combustion temps leaked from the head gasket  in that thiner area and ruined that portion of the head. if you could grind out the area and weld new material and mill it would be fine.if you just mill the head your taking a chance of it leaking.