2014 YZ450F lower peg options?

Does anyone know if the 2014 peg brackets can be flipped like the older YZ's sometimes could?  Flipping the brackets and installing the lower 2008 pegs was probably one of the best mods I did to my YZ250, and feeling like this 2014 YZF could benefit from the same change.

Anyone looked into this yet?  The Pro Moto Billet option is expensive, too blingy, and doesn't really lower the pegs enough to matter.  I feel like I could use a full inch of drop like I got out of the YZ250 mod I did before.

I don't know the part numbers off hand, but there are OEM YZF pegs from 08 or 09 I think that are 5mm shorter than the current pegs.  Search around a bit.  I know there is a thread in the YZ two stroke forum about it. 

I've got a set of GYTR TI pegs on my '14 that are 5mm lower, great mod!

Yup, I have the '08 pegs on my 2-stroke.  That combined with some slotting of the bracket holes moved them down quite a bit.  Awesome mod.

If I absolutely have to I'll just machine some new brackets, but I'd rather not.

Does anyone know if the 2014 peg brackets can be flipped like the older YZ's sometimes could?  Flipping the brackets and installing the lower 2008 pegs was probably one of the best mods I did to my YZ250, and feeling like this 2014 YZF could benefit from the same change.

Anyone looked into this yet?  The Pro Moto Billet option is expensive, too blingy, and doesn't really lower the pegs enough to matter.  I feel like I could use a full inch of drop like I got out of the YZ250 mod I did before.

I fitted Fastway Evo3 pegs to my '14 - dropped the pegs AND brought them back away from the gear lever. Helped heaps with the Tech 10's.

• Like 1

I fitted Fastway Evo3 pegs to my '14 - dropped the pegs AND brought them back away from the gear lever. Helped heaps with the Tech 10's.

How much did those move the pegs down/back?  Those look like the only aftermarket option that drops the height any significant amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put taller bars on this bike, approx 1" taller than stock, and the favorable handling quickness of the front end disappeared entirely.  I hated it.

The low bars are going back on with the low pegs.

Thanks for all the responses!

I put taller bars on this bike, approx 1" taller than stock, and the favorable handling quickness of the front end disappeared entirely.  I hated it.

The low bars are going back on with the low pegs.

Thanks for all the responses!

Are you gonna try the evo 3 pegs? If so can you get a accurate measurement how much it moves them back and down

• 3 weeks later...

Detail shots. New peg on left, OEM on right. Almost a full 1 inch of drop in the flat setting. Not sure about how much back. Fit is super comfy now at 6ft with stock bars.

All you did was flip the mounting bracket upside down and it works? I have a 14 and I would like to drop the pegs and move them back a little to.

Hm?  No, this is with the Fastway pegs in the low position.

That trick works on the YZ250 peg brackets though, with the help of the '08 YZ450F Ti pegs that are lower also.

The handling and comfort is REALLY good with these lower pegs though.  Major difference.