Chains?

36 hours?  In the season and a half I get from the Regina ORN6, there are 14 desert races that run roughly two hours each, plus an hour or so of riding the day before, plus probably a dozen ride days scattered in at what I'll call an hour each, just to be conservative.  So I'm looking at 54 hours a year times 1.5, which is 81 hours.  Even then, the only reason the last one got replaced was that the top and bottom edges of the plates had run over the guides so long that they were worn down to where the master link clip was flush with the edges of the plates.  36 hours doesn't seem like such good service to me.  Because of the lack of chain stretch, the rear sprocket usually lasts through two chains.

• 3 months later...

36 hours? In the season and a half I get from the Regina ORN6, there are 14 desert races that run roughly two hours each, plus an hour or so of riding the day before, plus probably a dozen ride days scattered in at what I'll call an hour each, just to be conservative. So I'm looking at 54 hours a year times 1.5, which is 81 hours. Even then, the only reason the last one got replaced was that the top and bottom edges of the plates had run over the guides so long that they were worn down to where the master link clip was flush with the edges of the plates. 36 hours doesn't seem like such good service to me. Because of the lack of chain stretch, the rear sprocket usually lasts through two chains.

I've had good luck with the DID x ring and master than was riveted on. Pretty easy with the right tool and no worries like Gray experienced

I've had good luck with the DID x ring and master than was riveted on. Pretty easy with the right tool and no worries like Gray experienced

It's not a worry.  I install them right, and the Regina master link is interference fit.  I've never lost one, although I have replaced clips that were badly worn. The chain plates were also worn to the point that rollers were starting to contact the guides. 

But, if one wanted a riveted master link version of the ORN6, it's available as the ORS6.