Ap timing screw wr400f

Read the top of the first page - How to eliminate the 'Bog'

i'm sorry William i can't get a hold of a .8mm drill blank here and i read the manual over and over again and can't find the specifics for the timing screw anywhere. Not in de carb section, not in the tuning section not anywhere.

Found the settings for the needle and the fuel screw but nothin about the timing screw. Don't know what to do

Edited by yvesdeclercq

i'm sorry William i can't get a hold of a .8mm drill blank here and i read the manual over and over again and can't find the specifics for the timing screw anywhere. Not in de carb section, not in the tuning section not anywhere.

Found the settings for the needle and the fuel screw but nothin about the timing screw. Don't know what to do

No industrial supply houses in Belgium? It does not have to be an actual blank but a drill bit works fine too.

OK i will try again. It is a 0,8mm drill is it. Seems pretty small. And i stick it under the middle of the slide do i? Because it is rounded a bit so it will make a difference where i put it . Thank you in advange

IMG_20141214_214954.jpg

IMG_20141214_214912.jpg

Edited by yvesdeclercq

Yup, in the center of the carb throat, at the lowest part. Be sure to follow ALL the steps in setting it up, from lowering the slide and loosening the idle speed knob completely on forward.

Sorry for being such a noob William;

but wich side do i slip the drill under? The side with the plate or the other side, because i have loosened the idle speed know entirely bit the one side (from the airbox) will not close completely. Is this normal? I will add the pics

Thank you so much

IMG_20141218_122840.jpg

IMG_20141218_122901.jpg

Edited by yvesdeclercq

Throttle cables removed?

With the cables removed and the idle speed scrww backed out to where the tip if the screw is no longer touching the throttle wheel, the slide should be able to fully close and 'just' bottom out in the carb (make a 'clunk' sound when it hits bottom). If it cannot, you must adjust the slide (top of carb where the slide is attached to the throttle shaft.)

Adjust the attachment point where the slide connects to the throttle shaft.

Thx so much for all the help and info William, but i just did the oring mod and set the timing screw by sight so it just misses the slide as well as i can. Reassembeled everything and i must say she runs very well. No bog whatsoever while riding, a very slight one when reving in neutral on the stand but that's ok i guess

Yves