What style shrouds for a clarke tank. YZ...WR...or does it matter?

Yeah, Yeah, I know how to use the search feature. But the Clarke tank topics are very extensive. What shrouds should I purchase for my 99 wr400. I just purchased a clarke tank.

I know those who have experience with this are out there. Let me know what you did.

Thanks in advance.

Your stock shrouds will work. I am 99% sure, so get a second opinion. :)

Your stock shrouds will work. I am 99% sure, so get a second opinion. :)

100% sure! :D

Not that I have the same bike, but I do have the new Clarke tank for my WR and it requires the YZF shrouds. Call Clarke or e-mail them, and they will tell you. I'd only take the word from someone who has that setup to be sure.

I think I remember reading that the 98-00 shrouds for wr or yz were the same. Does that sound right?

i put a clarke tank on my 98 wr400:

the stock shrouds mount to the tank the same on all models.

they mount differently to the rads, though. on the original 98 shrouds i have, the mounting holes are made to have the lower front shroud bolt that goes into the rad. point inward, toward the bike. i have gotten new ones since then. i think i got some made to fit a newer wr/yz-f, though. same tank mounting, but the holes on the front of the shroud point forward. so i jsut run a blue zip-tie through the hole and zip it to the devol rad guards on the bottom front corner. works great. and i figure that if i crash hard enough to break the zip tie, maybe the breaking of the zip tie would eliminate the break of the shroud that would happen if it were bolted.

hope that helped.

:)

racer36

the 98/99 YZ & WR shrouds are identical.

In 2K, Yamaha changed the shroud mounts on the YZ/WR's. As far as I know, the YZ and WR have ALWAYS used the same year shrouds.

As far as I know, the YZ and WR have ALWAYS used the same year shrouds.

Not true for 2003-04 models. They are not even close as far as the mounting holes. The WR's have an extra row on the radiators, and the thing that really makes the biggest difference is that the tank shape on the WR is longer from the seat to the radiators so the lowest mounting tab is longer on the YZF which means the aftermarket shrouds will never fit a WRF.