HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrracer36

suzuki question...

2 posts in this topic

sorry for the yellow question, (i give myself one of these -> :D just for asking) but i need some info :D...

anyways,

i have a friend :D...(seriously) that owns an 01 rm125. he needs his fork seals replaced, and a friend-at-a-local-dealer-sorta-thing said he could do them for like $40 for him (he did my 98 wr4xx forks for like $25), and all other local shops want at least $80 :D, but he said he needs to know if they are cartridge style forks? he can't do that type. i know the 00 rm125 came with cartridge style SHOWA forks, but not sure if they switched for 01 or not??? :D:)

thanks for any knowledge you'd be willing to share :usa:

thanks

:D

racer36

All of the real MX bikes use cartridge forks.

Does this year RM use Twin Chamber Showa's?

If they are NOT twin chambers (since I know zilch about those), seals are easy. You will need:

1 - seal driver

2 - cartridge rod holding tool OR pneumatic (or electric)

impact allen wrench

3 - allen socket to remove/hold base valve (on bottom of fork leg).

4 - your owners manual to step you through it.

learn to do this yourself, and fork cleaning & seal/oil replacement will no longer cost $40 - $80! :)