Too good to be true?

I found a yz 426f for $1300 year 2002 i feel like its really underpriced, its very clean and looks in great shape.

Not a bad price. Buy it and ride the wheels off of it.

Thanks! Whats the difference between a 426 and 450?

There are several listed on Phoenix craigslist right now. 

Just make sure it has a clean AZ title, DMV is really picky about out of state titles lately. 

... the 450 has a bigger engine...and its newer...

Do i need a title for offroad use? Does it have to be registered?

Do i need a title for offroad use? Does it have to be registered?

Legally yes, you need the title to get the plate and ohv sticker. 

The title and plate are a one time fee, the OHV sticker is 25 a year. 

Sweet thanks probably saved me a ton of $

Thanks! Whats the difference between a 426 and 450?

24cc.  :smirk:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  The question is a little harder to answer because there are 3 generations of YZ450F.  The '03-'05 steel framed Gen1 was a 4 speed, had a progressively better fork each year, and was about 7-10 pounds lighter.

The '06-'09 was the aluminum framed 5 speed Gen2 engine, and came with a fork so good they're still using it (so did Kawasaki and Honda). About the same weight as the previous 450.  From '10 onward, it's the Gen3 rear slanted engine with the reversed head.

But the YZ426 is a motorcycle and a half by any standard.  Very fast, ridiculously reliable.

Bought my 02 426, raced it a few times, one hospital stay later I sold it and bought an aluminum frame yz250f I could handle. I never realized how uncomfortable I was on the 426 until I rode my 250. Great motor, but mine just didn't like to turn. Loved it though, it was a fire breather.

Edited by jacobsteele96

They're heavy, hard to start, and tiring to ride. But they go like snot and are loud as hell.

They like to be ridden hard and put away wet.

They're for the guys who would rather drink a beer than check the valves.

Think of it as a 4-stroke for a slightly older, wiser, and probably lazier version of Ronnie Mac.

The difference is that the YZ426 is a man's bike.

Sweet thanks probably saved me a ton of $

I thought the add I saw said it had title.. the transfer and plate should be less than 20...

still seems like a good deal to me if the bike is solid . 

Yea, they are burly like others have said. wear a diaper if you haven't ridden one before. 

The term raped aped came from the 426, it needs a decompression cam forsure because the main problem is they are a bitch to start..but I would say thats about what they go for.maybe 1500..

Sounds like an awesome bike, im still deciding between the 426 and a yz 250 because of my size, im 5'9 and 145lbs i can handle a 450 but the trails in my area, a 250 would handle better in turns i think but then again i can steer with the rear wheel so im not sure yet

I sold a perfectly running well maintained bone stock 2005 450 for $1450 right here in AZ about 3 months ago. That does not sound like a screaming deal to me. 

Sounds like an awesome bike, im still deciding between the 426 and a yz 250 because of my size, im 5'9 and 145lbs i can handle a 450 but the trails in my area, a 250 would handle better in turns i think but then again i can steer with the rear wheel so im not sure yet

go with the 426 man, i had a 2001 yz125 (i valued it at around 1500) and i traded it and 180 cash for my now 2000 yz426f and holy crap its got power up the ass. Granted it has some problems and ive put a couple hundred in it, i think its still worth it, that bike should run for years with no major problems

Edited by yamahakid426

I sold a perfectly running well maintained bone stock 2005 450 for $1450 right here in AZ about 3 months ago. That does not sound like a screaming deal to me.

yeah ive seen some pretty drastic differences in price for pretty much the same bikes, some people feel that their bike is worth $500 more because it has a graphics kit...