HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akhomegrown

Spark arrestor choices 2013 yz 450f

9 posts in this topic

I have a 2013 yz 450 f and i live in beautiful colorado. Because the 450f does not come with a spark arrestor and there are thousands of miles of open terrain to ride away from the track i need to get one. My question is what does anyone suggest? there are caps from pmp, slip ons from fmf and full exhaust conversions. Jus anted to start a conversation to hep me choose. Thanks for your help

my Appoogies for the typos

I'm about to do a pmb cap on my 2012. I don't want a loud bike So the end cap makes perfect sense to me and saves me money. If you replace the stock pipe with a aftermarket that puts out similar sound levels I doubt you would see much of a performance gain so seems kind of pointless unless you just want some thing pretty to look at. This was my take on things when I was faced with the same choice as you. I race mx and ride at local trails.

Edited by Mtrain730

If you get lucky you can score a slip on around your areas with a spark arrestor for roughly $150. Not sure what the caps go for but if it's within reason I rather have a nice FMF on the back side.

I won't say what's best, but every year I put a PMB on a 450 and every year I "fail" to get negative comments from other trail users or Forest Service officials about my bike's noise. Okay, they sometimes say "that bike sounds good" or "sounds like you ain't hurtin' for power."

1 person likes this

That's all I really needed to know. My thoughts were to get the cap and not spend the extra money w but wasn't convinced. I now am. Thanks fellas

Here's a slightly less expensive option by Lexx. I like the fact that it comes with a quiet core at no extra charge.

I put the Lexx SA endcap on my stock exhaust. Fit and finish are great. Works great, sounds good. I have the quiet insert in and it still barks pretty well.

IMG_5619.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By troyboysonicc
      Looking to get a new exhaust system for my 09 yz250f what gives the most noticeable difference in power? Both top or bottom 
      looking at the megabomb with the 4.1 but what would you guys recommend? Thanks
    • By Matt Feldbauer
      Hey guys so i have a pretty interesting scenario going on here. I got a used kx65 on craigslist that needed the bottom end rebuilt, couldn't really hear it run because the knock from the crank and bearings was so bad, so i replaced the crank, bearings, seals, and gaskets. (In my college apartment living room) Bike started in a few kicks! Here is where it gets interesting It starts up totally fine but anything past idle, it really spits and sputters, and past half throttle it wants to cut it out completely. I tried cleaning the carb once, checking the plug and it looks to be burning fine, adjusting the clip position on the needle jet up and down both ways, new gas. Could it be possible the top end would cause that? I did put the old piston in it but it didnt have much sign of wear, but I could be way off. Or is there some stuff I should try first again? Cleaning the carb again? Im open to any and all suggestions! Not willing to give up now, its so close to being done! I have rebuilt quite a few bikes now, 4 and 2 stroke so i have a decent amount of fix it know how, just really stumped on this.
    • By Wspencer522
      I have a 2003 crf450r and when I got the bike it came with a white brothers carbin pro exhaust and was told it came from a 250f. The SS pipe mount between the muffler and header pipe does not line up without making a bracket but everything else fits.. The muffler mount ended up breaking and looking for a new one to put on now but bike specific ones are through the roof in price.
      Does anyone know what 250f year might be the one I had so I know what to look for. Or any years compatible. 450/250 to a 2003 450f
      I've read the page for compatible 450s saying 02/03 header the same and need full exhaust to run 03/04. 
    • By TPA-MX
      Hello all,
      WOW, I have missed the community during the upgrade, but I am glad we are back up and running.  I am in the process of replacing the top end on a YZ125 and going over my CRF250r and replacing all the items that need to be replaced.
      Let's get back to the CRF.  The right muffler had a big dent in the cone tip, enough that it was driving me crazy, so I bought a used one off Ebay to replace it.  When I installed it, I noticed that the diameter of the hole was much smaller than the left muffler.  The guy who sold it to me said it was pulled off an 07 CRF250r, just like my bike.  
      So, is the right muffler hole (at the end of the muffler) smaller than the left one?  I just want to make sure I was sent the right one.
      Here are some pics of the new one installed.

• By mx221
      what is the most modded bike you have ever owned? what did it have on it? pics?
      mine was a 2001 yz250f
      2003 cam
      racetech gold valve suspension
      scotts tripple clamps
      honda front brake routing
      white brothers r-4 exaust
      ims foot pegs
      one industries graphics
      factory effex gripper seat
      renthal black sprocked
      renthal gold chain
      maxxis tires (f/r)
      pro taper bars
      cycra hand guards
      renthal grips
      one industries backgrounds
      i just sold it for $3000 that thing ran great and started first kick every time