2012+ WR450F Stronger starter motor?

The Yamaha branded FI diagnostic tool was $114.00 [depends on current Euro exchange rate] from the company in the Netherlands referenced above and shipping took less than a week. The Chinese tool is listed at about $230. So the Yamaha tool is much more affordable.

Personally, I'd rather kill myself before I shell out $114 to get 12V to the CO tool's terminals. You need that tool only once, to set CO to -20.

Personally, I'd rather kill myself before I shell out $114 to get 12V to the CO tool's terminals. You need that tool only once, to set CO to -20.

I followed the link you provided in order to purchase the tool. If a tool is not available locally, then buying the tool seems to be a reasonable option; selling it online after a good CO setting is accomplished would avoid the downside of offing oneself.

With a minus setting my bike would not start reliably; with a setting of +12 it starts first push of the button hot or cold. I've got a Megabomb header and Q4 pipe.

With a minus setting my bike would not start reliably; with a setting of +12 it starts first push of the button hot or cold. I've got a Megabomb header and Q4 pipe.

Truly amazing! :jawdrop:

Mine won't fire up nicely with positive numbers, to the point of only firing up on third attempt w/o gear when hot wiht CO 6 or higher!

Does anyone know what the real AF ratio is at idle? Do people that have rest there CO with the Yamaha tool still have a slight decel pop during compression braking. 

Does anyone know what the real AF ratio is at idle? Do people that have rest there CO with the Yamaha tool still have a slight decel pop during compression braking. 

my WR450F'12 idles at stochimoetric A/F when CO ist set to -25,

see http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1143864-efi-co-value-fi-diagnostic-vs-af-ratio/

But there are poeple on thumpertalk, whose bike won't start at negtive CO setting, hard to believe but YMMV :jawdrop:

My experience from my WR400F and WR450F'03 ist that one HAS to set the idle mixture to a value

that creates heavy popping on decel, if one wants to reliably e-start the bike in gear.

Mind you, the '03 Keihin ist supposed to have a decel. enrichment circuit.

I had checked mine, all seemed ok, still very noisy popping on road-racing deceleration.

And I had to pull to hot start lever on my '03 WR450F while e-starting in gear (hence idle must have been still too rich)

Edited by WRF-Rowdy