2008 Cylinder head question

Im looking for a new cylinder head for my brothers bike, does anyone happen to know what years will fit?

not sure what exactly happened but when i took the cover off i found the cams had alunimum all over them from the head and there was a steel ball floating about. Im guessing it was a pressure release type valve that blew either way if i can find a head for a good price ill go that way.

Thanks

Robert

To answer your question first, heads from an '06-'09 will fit and work. Some WR and R model quad heads fit, too, but they're less available, and some have provisions for air injection that have to be blocked off.

It sounds like one of the balls that plug the cam oil passages blew out for whatever reason.  Overheated?

Most of the time, places like Engine Dynamics or Millennium Technologies can repair the head for around $300. 

To answer your question first, heads from an '06-'09 will fit and work. Some WR and R model quad heads fit, too, but they're less available, and some have provisions for air injection that have to be blocked off.

It sounds like one of the balls that plug the cam oil passages blew out for whatever reason.  Overheated?

Most of the time, places like Engine Dynamics or Millennium Technologies can repair the head for around $300. 

Thanks for the info, i was hoping to find a used one for a bit less but it looks like ill pull it all apart and see if they can fix it.