Could this be a problem?

I have a 2006 yz450 that I just bought and when I warmed it up after topping off the radiator it dripped a tiny bit out of the weep hole could this be a issue?

Yup.  Leaking water pump seal and possible worn impeller shaft. 

Yup. Leaking water pump seal and possible worn impeller shaft.

But it was only a little bit and I'm not really losing any coolant

Yup.  Leaking water pump seal and possible worn impeller shaft. 

Water pump seal is a easy fix 20 bucks.Fix it cause it will get worse.

Edited by mdsharon

Water pump seal is a easy fix 20 bucks.Fix it cause it will get worse.

Would it still be good to ride like two more rides because it only leaks a little or should I replace it before I ride

Do you know that the bike has only about 1 quart and a half of coolant in the system?

Do you have an idea of how expensive overheating it can be?

Do you know that the bike has only about 1 quart and a half of coolant in the system?

Do you have an idea of how expensive overheating it can be?

I know that but it only leaks a few drops everyone in a while I think it could go one more ride

Would they have the parts to fix it at a local dealership or would I have to order it

Risky riding it. I wasn't willing to roll the dice and spent a day I planned on riding to fix it. Hot Rods make a rebuild kit that includes the seals, bearing, and water pump cover gasket for less than 20$. Oem at my local shop was over 40$ and they only had one of the seals on hand.

I was able to reuse my right side cover.

Be thankful Yamaha has the weep hole to warn you that you might be getting ready to make a bad decision.

It isn't for warning purposes.  The reason it's there is to prevent oil or coolant from contaminating the other fluid volume.  Coolant that leaks from the seal has a way to drip out through that port without putting any pressure on the oil seal.  It's common practice to lay in escape passages like that, even on car engines, anywhere the cooling system butts up against the crankcase.

Ok thanks for all the answers I ordered the hot rods repair kit

Ok thanks for all the answers I ordered the hot rods repair kit

The kit does not include the impeller shaft that may need replaced if grooved out.

I just read this thread.  Hopefully you meant the weep hole near where the radiator hoses go into, and not the one in the head.. :)

Weep hole is located under the water pump that the 2 bottom radiator hoses are connected to.

Retail for the two seals and the bearing from Yamaha is under $30. The shaft is what's expensive.